The Kickstart Scheme extension gives employers until 17th December 2021 to submit the Kickstart Grant application, and recruitment activities upto to 31st March 2022
What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme allows businesses to provide government-funded job placement opportunities to young people on Universal Credit.
What is the Kickstart Scheme Application Deadline?
The deadline for Kickstart applications is 17th December 2021. After this date you will not be able to:
- apply for a new Kickstart Scheme grant
- add more jobs to an existing grant agreement
Applications submitted before this time or that are already in progress will still be processed.
Is the Kickstart Scheme open to all businesses?
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding until 17 December 2021 which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions
Employers can spread the job start dates up until 31 March 2022. You’ll get funding for 6 months once the young person has started their job.
Further funding is available for training and support so that young people on the scheme can get a job in the future.
Broxbourne Council and the local DWP Partnership team recently ran a short webinar to help local businesses understand all about the Kickstart scheme – you can catch it here
Ambition Broxbourne Webinar: What is Kickstart?
HB Accountants are proud to have created Kickstart positions
The Kickstart Scheme is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to support local young people to gain valuable experience, skills and insights. As the young person’s salary is covered, we can invest our time in their training and sourcing opportunities so they get a fantastic all round experience of our industryKaren Chase – Director – HB Accountants
HB Accountants have published blogs about the Kickstart Scheme since September 2020 and although the employer application process wasn’t the smoothest for us, we’d still highly recommend the Scheme to other employers.
This is TeamHB’s Kickstart Superstar Carter
Our Kickstart Placement Carter is enjoying his first month with us as our Junior Finance Team Assistant – well done Carter, you are smashing it.
The Kickstart Scheme: Young People’s Views
If you would like to hear more about our experiences and how we support you and your business, no matter your company size or sector, then call us on 01992 444466
Read our latest blogs below
- What do Students Want from Work Experience Placements – Q&A with Abigail Durant
- Unlock the Power of Professional Relationships – Networking is Great for Business
- The Value of Work Experience Placements: 10 reasons why every business should offer work experience placements
- Maximising Tax Efficiency: The Ultimate Guide to Year-End Financial Planning by HB Accountants
- Are you part of the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (AAN)? HB Accountants share the benefits here
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above
Feel free to follow us on Instagram to get to get a flavour of who we are @HBAHoddesdon