Offering work experience placements provides students with practical workplace skills. Students gain an understanding of the routines and habits of working life. This will help both their personal and their professional development. Discover 10 key advantages for your business of offering work experience placements.
10 reasons why your business needs to offer regular work experience placements
In addition to the positive impact on the work experience individuals, offering work placements can also bring benefits to your business. Here are 10 key advantages of offering work experience placements that businesses should consider:
- Talent Pipeline: Effective talent pipeline for your business
- Fresh Perspectives: Introduce fresh ideas and diverse perspectives for innovative solutions
- Employee Engagement: Boost morale and job satisfaction by involving existing employees in mentoring work experience students
- Increased Productivity: Work experience individuals contribute to day-to-day tasks, enhancing overall productivity
- Enhanced Employer Branding: Demonstrate commitment to supporting young talent, making your business more attractive
- Community Engagement: Actively engage with the local community and educational institutions, fostering positive relationships
- Skill Transfer and Knowledge Sharing: Facilitate knowledge transfer between experienced employees and work experience individuals
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Align with CSR initiatives by investing in the development of young professionals
- Adaptability and Innovation: Foster a culture of adaptability and innovation through exposure to new perspectives
- Cost-Effective Recruitment: Identify and train potential employees in a cost-effective manner
Tap into these key advantages while your business’ work experience program is driving both individual growth and overall business success. Moreover, whether you’re a business owner or an employee within a company, there’s a sense of fulfillment in contributing to your community.
HB Accountants are serious about securing a brighter future for generations to come
Your business can play a role in ensuring a better future for future generations too. Have you heard of the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (AAN)? The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (AAN) is a collective of businesses and apprentices. HB Accountants is part of the AAN – you can find out more here. We’re here to assist businesses in understanding the benefits of apprenticeships. We also attend careers fairs to showcase why apprenticeships can be awesome career choices too.
Q&A with our recent Work Experience Placement, Cate
Meet Cate, she is hoping to work in finance after completing her A-Levels. Cate took part in a 5 day work experience placement with HB Accountants in February. We asked Cate a few questions to get the “student perspective”, on the value of a 5 day work experience placement.
Q: Do you feel your 35 hour work experience placement was worth it?
A: Absolutely, yes. I am really grateful to the team, especially to Vicki and Sophie who looked after me on my first day. I have learnt how to access Companies House to look at Company Directors and find out when the company year-end is and when the company need to file their confirmation statement. I navigated HB Accountants VOIP phone system, and was even introduced to QuickBooks.
Q: Would you recommend work experience to fellow students?
A: Yes, for sure. It was a really valuable week, which I feel every student should experience and not just for one week ideally. I have never had a job, so to have experience in a workplace was great. Vicki encouraged me to create a LinkedIn profile and I even published my first ever post – you can read it here! The week has given a huge insight into the world of accountancy, Team HB and office life.
If you would like to talk to us about offering work experience placements, helping local people upskill and develop a career, or to discuss any aspect of accountancy, taxation and payroll, we would be happy to help. Do give us a call. You can contact us on 01992 444466. We’re accountants for business and for people. We’re here to help.
Students want practical skills, industry insight, and networking opportunities from work experience placements. Personal and professional development are key. Guidance on career paths is up there and students are keen for feedback to improve their skills. Students hope for a … Continue reading →
Successful businesses build strong connections. They create robust relationships with individuals within the company, clients, stakeholders, and business contacts. When you appreciate the power of nurturing and utilising strong professional connections, your business will thank you.
The Value of Work Experience Placements: 10 reasons why every business should offer work experience placements
Offering work experience placements provides students with practical workplace skills. Students gain an understanding of the routines and habits of working life. This will help both their personal and their professional development. Discover 10 key advantages for your business of … Continue reading →